Tuesday, August 23, 2005

You can't always get what you want.

So my recent foray into academia has met with it's first failure. I didn't get the interview. I won't be in this linkage program that is a pathway to early acceptance to medical school. I cannot say with any sort of truth that I am not disappointed. My confidence has been shaken somewhat. It was not meant to be. I must ask myself what it was about my application/packet that made me undesirable even for an interview. And naturally additional questions arise like "Am I good enough to go to med school at all?" and the like. All told I must look at this experience and learn from it. Not sure what I will be able to learn though, since I will never find out what it was that I could have done differently. Dem's da breaks. Does this mean there is no hope? Does this mean I should quit this dream? HELL NO! I've already invested too much time, energy and a ridiculous amount of effort to stop now and I haven't even gotten to the good stuff yet (MCAT, ORGO and the whole applying to med school process, fun fun fun!) Do I think that I will be a superb doctor? Yes! Do I think I am smart enough to be a doctor? Yes! So linkage program be damned. I am still going to med school and I will still be accepted to where I want to go.

Bottomline: As all good red sox fans know, ya gotta keep the faith. And so I shall.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home