Friday, August 05, 2005

What? Me Worry?

Well, here I am. Another day. Another day to be worried about everything in my life. Don't get me wrong I have a great life and compared to a lot of other people in this world my worries seem wholly insigificant, but this is my blog and dammit I need to just get this all down for posterity.

1. I am freaking out about school. The amount of pressure that I am feeling to do well is driving me crazy. I do not know if I have the brains or the stamina to get through all of my remaining classes with great grades and by great grades I mean A's. I have a dream about becoming a doctor and there are still a number of preliminary subjects that I will be tackling in order to acheive this dream. THis coming year I will be taking organic chemistry and the corresponding lab (shudder!), physics and the corresponding lab (I feel like I am the only person around who has never taken a physics class and this worries me), and calculus II. Am I a glutton for punishment. Yes...yes I am. I guess the thing that I have to keep focused on is that there are a ton of people that have done this before and gotten through it ok, but since it is in my nature to freak out about anything and everything I doubt that this nugget of thought will ever bring me anything resembling comfort.

2. I have the MCAT to look foward to this coming year and I think that this speaks for itself in terms of the gravity of the situation.

3. This time next summer I will be applying to medical school

4. Money. There are people out there who don't worry about money because they have a lot of it and I hate them. Remember when 1 million dollars was a lot of money? I hate people that think that one million dollars is not a lot of money. I wish I had a million dollars.

I am so stressed about the above, the state of our country, our boys overseas, terrorist attacks, my job, and various other issues such as...well I can't say what else I am worried about because I don't know if I should be worried about it or not (ask my dear sweet Elegy about it), that I have this semi-psychosomatic feeling in my toes. It feels like my toes are being dragged across a chalk board. It was so bad last night that I was not able to fall asleep. I have had this feeling off and on for the last year or so and I have no idea how to get rid of it or even what the hell it is. If anyone has any idea what the hell this is please let me know. I just want the feeling to go away.

QUOTE OF THE DAY
"A man definitely made that commercial"
"Of course a man made it, it's a commerical not a delicious turkey dinner!"

NEW!
HAIKU OF THE DAY
Monkeys run this place
Because they no longer care
I don't like monkeys

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home