Friday, August 12, 2005

The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog

Now I know my abcs next time won't you sing with me. Yep, it's another friday afternoon at the office and there is absolutely nothing and I mean nothing going on. The phone has rung...I don't know...maybe..2 or 3 times in the 3 hours that I have been here. I ain't gots nuthin to do but destroy the english language.

Today is the first full day without the wifey (no she hasn't "left" me, but has taken an excursion to the city of sin (albeit she is not much of a sinner except for time where we lived together for 4 years before we got married...chances are she's still got a shot at heaven....me...I'm done for....I'm on the VIP list for that great big ball of fire down below...and no I don't mean the Steven Seagal movie, although that would be a very special private hell for someone out there to have to watch that movie for eternity). Wow, tangent much. So I don't know what to do with myself. I will be done at the hospital tonight at 8pm and will probably head home...pretty sad....the good thing is that I will be able to stay up late....I'll probably pull out a couple of movies from my collection. I will have to pause at 10:30 to catch "coupling" on PBS...one of the finest british sitcoms around that was naturally "Americanized" (thankfully the american version lasted about 5 minutes...we are such dumb-asses sometimes). Speaking of remakes...."infernal affairs" a freekin fantastic film from Hong Kong (Police vs. Triads, each placing a mole in each other's organizations) featuring Tony Leung Chiu Wai adn Andy Lau is being remade by good ole' Marty Scorsese with Leo D-cup (I don't like this guy and think he is an overrated actor but what do I know) and Matt Damon, Jack Nicholson, Alec Baldwin etc....the story is moved to Boston and involves the police vs. irish mob each placing a mole in each other's organizations. Pic is apparently going to be called "The Departed". I am not one for remakes and am a frim believer in leaving well enough alone. "Infernal Affairs" was a slick, icy cool pic with startling and gritty camera work (Michael Mann's "Heat" comes to mind, and I recall that Mr. Mann was interested in doing this remake??) and a brilliant story line. It was so popular that they made two more films. One that takes place before the action of the first film and the third which takes place after the first one. I have yet to view the third. I know that I will ultimately be disappointed in the american version, but that's because we aren't very good at this kind of thing and because I am a glass is half empty kind of person.

Well anyway...hope you all have a great weekend and I am outta here.....

HAIKU OF THE DAY
No quote of the day
sorry to disappoint all
but the haiku stays

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home