Thursday, August 11, 2005

Avast ya swabs...yar be broadside to me merry cannons!

Are there days where you feel like you should have lived in another era (or in spanish "epoca"). Nope, me neither. I am happy to be living in the time that I am in and have no desire to be in another time where you had things like "The Black Plague", besides we have enough of our own problems. Yeah, Yeah...I won't do much ranting here about stuff in the world today.

Toady is all about this girl in my spanish class who really annoyed the hell out of me and many of my classmates the other day. So we were talking about spanish food and our professor was talking about how his family (in a small town in northern Spain) killed their own livestock for the pusposes of food. He did a couple of meager drawings in chalk that were representative of how they slaughered (Creo que la palabra en espaƱol es "matanza") and this girl, who is apparently a militant vegetarian, got really pissed off or sick or something and said "this is the reason I am a vegetarian"....it is a frickin chalk drawing for chrissakes. Get over it. Once we were done with the very brief discussion, this girl got up in class and erased the board because she couldn't look at the chalk drawings (my professor admitted that he could draw as well as a four year old) anymore. I am all for vegetarianism, although I am not one, but just as with religion please don't try and push your views on me. Yes I think that there is a lot of inhumane treatment of animals (just ask PETA...oh no..wait don't ask them), but let's face facts, before aliens come down to earth and enslave (read: eat) humans, we are the top of the food chain and with that: if it tastes good we are going to eat it and eat a lot of it. If you don't like it I would be more than happy to listen to your opinions, but I refuse to sit idly by and watch you get upset over a frickin chalk drawing that amounted to a couple of circles and lines.

Alas, one week left and I don't have to worry about spanish for the rest of my life. Then I actually get 10 days off before I start the fall semester. I am still ahving difficulty coming to grips with the fact that school starts in August for one week and then we have labor day weekend off. Wouldn't make more sense to just start the semester tuesday after labor day? Ah...whatever.

The wifey has left me to my own devices for the next few days. Off to Las Vegas she is (am I channeling Yoda here or something). She is visiting her grandmother and will be partying it up. I just hope that she doesn't lose too much money that we don't have. Don't think I have to worry about that though since she doesn't gamble...ever. How can anyone go to Vegas and not gamble. I will never understand this, but then again it is best, given our present financial situation, that no one in our family (me or my wife) gamble. I hope nothing happens to the bird while she is away.

I never know what to do with myself when she leaves me for an extended period of time. I imagine that there will be an exciting trip to Taco Bell and tonight there will be a trip to Batman's house for some familyguy/robotchicken/beerdrinkin/videogameplayin which should be fun. And I will leave the rest up to fate (such a fickle woman fate is)

QUOTE OF THE DAY
"I'm a level six vegan, I don't eat anything that casts a shadow"

HAIKU OF THE DAY
The weekend is here
The beer will be flowing there
The sun shines on me

1 Comments:

Blogger moosk said...

you're just too cute, mil.

9:45 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home