Thursday, June 16, 2005

Day 78

So it seems that the "Viral Escapade Round Intestinal Zoophagous Nodes" has once again entered my life. One hour solid on the phone with people that refuse to give our business a break in billing. See "gun" post. Just crazy. Going to let it go....I swear.

So for those Coldplay fans out there I imagine that none of you are disappointed in the new album. I think it is a damn good record. Despite having Speed of Sound" sounding very similar to "Clocks" in terms of tempo and rhythm, and a song that sounds incredibly like U2 circa War/Unforgettable Fire ("Low") it is still a great album. Thought about writing about them because I happen to be listening to the album right now.

Cheers to Giambi for his game winning home run last night. Can't say that I feel bad for this guy's slump though. In the Billy Crystal show, he talks about real baseball players like Mantle and Maris, who didn't need steroids to be great ball players. The hardest thing to face as a ballplayer now is that if you are good most people are going to think that you are on steroids. That is sad. I trust and hope that none of the boys of beantown are on that road. That would be devastating to me.

So I received an email from a friend that had a link to an article about a young girl whose little league jersey is going to be put into the Baseball Hall of Fame. The reason: Not only did she pitch a perfect game she also fanned every batter she faced. I think that this is pretty darn cool just because it is quite an acomplishment. Why not put her jeresy in the Hall it makes perfect sense to me. The article which came from the associated press seemed to be insinuating in not so many words that it is a travesty that this young girl's jeresy would be in the same hall as artifacts from Babe Ruth, Ty Cobb, Mantle, Williams, etc. To this I say what is so wrong with that? Is it becasue she is a girl? It shouldn't be since the hall has a place commemorating the women's leagues that were around during WWII. Is it because she is in little league? Isn't the hall of fame about the game and about all the amazing things that have happened in the game? Bottom line: I applaud the Hall for doing this.

So I spent my 3 and a half hours in Spanish this morning and had a quiz. The first part of the quiz was to write a short paragraph about something that a friend did yesterday. We are working on preterites. We had to use the verbs: ayudar, oir, comprar, hablar, practicar and one other one that I cannot remember. The next part of the quiz was to write a brief statement about what "gauchos" are and about the region of Argentina called "La Pampa". It was not a fun quiz, considering that the day before he was only going to give us a quiz on numbers... ala cien, doscientos, quinientos, etc. So most of us were pretty much caught off guard by the whole thing. I did recall what "Gauchos" were and I knew a bit about "La Pampa", as for writing a paragraph about yesterday for someone else, I was a little lost.

All I got in me today folks....have a great night, day, morning wherever you are.

QUOTE OF THE DAY

"If you came to conquer you'll be a king for a day, but you too will deteriorate and quickly fade away."
-Bad Religion
(As with all BR songs past and present a certain current world leader comes to mind)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home