Friday, May 06, 2005

Friday, May 6th, 2005

and so begins another day. I really am out of it. Maybe it is all the coffee that I have been drinking. Maybe it is the fact that I feel like I don't have time to breathe let alone eat, sleep, spend time with my wife etc. I am on a journey to a better more productive life and it is going to be a long hard road. I am trying my hardest to become a doctor and I have many years ahead of me. I never finished my bachelor's degree and after a nine year "break" (read: working in the real world) I made the decision to finish and go on to do the only thing that I have wanted to do with my life. For the most part people have been very supportive of my decision and I myself feel that at the very least I need to finish my first degree reagrdless of what happens in the future. Some people have said that I am crazy and look at me with a confused look on their face wondering why at the age of 30 would I make a decision like this. To those people I say that everyone, everywhere should follow their dreams regardless of their age. The way I figure it, yes I will be in school for another ten years, but if I accomplish what I have set out to do I truly believe that I will be much happier. Even if I don't get to where I want to be I will still be able to live with the fact that I gave it my all and should still be happy because I tried. I am currently in the process of finishing my first year back at college. I did well my first semester and feel that I will finish this second semester in the same manner as the first if not better. I am proud of myself for these things that I am doing and nobody will be able to take that away from me. Next year is going to be rough. The year of dreaded organic chemistry and I can honestly say that I am terrified. What I need to keep in mind at this point is that this is a path that many people have taken before. Many have tried and failed and many have passed. I hope to be one of the ones that passes. The bottom line is that it is my desire to help sick people get better. If it all works out in the end I will be a doctor. I don't want people to feel sorry for my journey, I think I just needed to get this out. I am tired, but I am on the right path. My journey is clear.

On to the thoughts for the day:

1. The Yankees. I would love to take a moment to gloat here, but I won't only because it is still early in the season and that Yankee magic that has been around for the last ten years (minus the biggest choke in baseball history from last seasons playoffs- yeah I went there) has a funny way of showing up when they need it most. Rivalries aside I love this game.

2. North Korea might be doing some nuclear testing soon. Read that again. Why is it that America hasn't invaded this country yet? oh right....no oil. Did Iraq have nuclear capabilities...uh...it doesn't appear so and yet here is North Korea, telling the world..."Hey, you...America...we have the bomb!!!!" What me worried? HELL YEAH I'M WORRIED. It would be unfair of me not to mention that we invaded Iraq to free it's people not because Saddam had biological weapons...and all of that oil that is sitting there is for the Iraqi people. Just want to make that crystal clear. Oh and just for the hell of it...a lot of people probably don't remember this but I recall several news reports in the year leading up to our invasion about a downed American Pilot from the first "conflict" that "may be alive somewhere in Iraq" and then the story disappeared. It appeared to me as though the new Bush administration was testing the waters for an invasion. It was shortly after this report (a few months later) that "news" of Saddam's purported weapons of mass destruction started reaching headlines. But again...that's not why we invaded. Just to be clear.

3. I am having a titanium screw drilled into my jaw tomorrow morning. My dentist said it will be just like getting a tooth filled. Read that again.

QUOTE OF THE DAY
"You can take this stormy weekend and shove it up your ass!"
-my lovely wife hoping for at least one nice weekend this spring and once again being disappointed-

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home