Friday, June 10, 2005

Day 72- The day that Milhouse decided "it is a good thing that I do not own a gun"

So I have made through another week without a dog.

Here is my open rant about a particular company. If you cannot handle your customer base than you shouldn't tout that you can. You should also consider hiring people who have some skill in speaking properly to customers. I think, of the ten people that I have spoken to today from "Very Egregiously Revolving Incorporated Zone Of Nonfeasance", only two of them actually had some skills in speaking to customers on the phone. I chalk this up to the fact that these two people are ones that I have spoken to many times before in the last 3 months. If you are in a business do not under any circumstances use a channelized T-1. "Very Egregiously Revolving Incorporated Zone Of Nonfeasance" also hires out other companies to handle parts of their service because they are too overwhelmed. The materials that they and these hired out companies use are defective and will cause you many many headaches in the future. Also, with this channelized T-1 from "Very Egregiously Revolving Incorporated Zone Of Nonfeasance" you supposedly have the convenience of having your internet service and your phone lines all on one system. Here lies a huge problem. A former employee of ours who once wrote that he is ten times the manager I will ever be set this up not realizing that if the system goes down our entire office and our productivity is completely shot to hell. No system means no phones, no faxes, no internet, no email. Naturally this problem occurred 5 months after this employee was "let go". And so we were out of commission for three days while the good people of "Very Egregiously Revolving Incorporated Zone Of Nonfeasance" stood around trying to figure out what the problem was. It was at this point, once we were back up and running, we decided that the first priority was to get off of this T-1 line and on to something more cost effective like a business DSL or something like it and to have our phones all on seperate copper wires again. In the process of having this all set up our "business rep" from "Very Egregiously Revolving Incorporated Zone Of Nonfeasance" quit (or was fired for incompetence) and we were left hanging in the wind. With our order not complete and our nerves frayed we called, and called, and called many people and tried to get this all squared away. Finally in April/May we had our DSL line (one which was outsourced to another company by "Very Egregiously Revolving Incorporated Zone Of Nonfeasance") installed. Earlier this week a technician from this marvelous company came to do some work on some phone lines for the office next door to ours and in the process managed to knock out our DSL line and he, of course, had no idea where the cord had come from. 3 technicians and 24 hours later it was still not fixed. They finally sent someone over who knew what the hell he was doing and we were fixed.....now all we had to do was wait for the move over to copper wire and we would be done with this horrible nightmare. I get to work this morning and gues what THE FREAKIN PHONES AREN'T WORKING! Turns out that they decided to start working on the switch to copper wire a week early and without telling anybody including..us!!!!!! So I found out about this problem at 9:15 this morning it is now 4:00pm and we have one phone line out of ten (incl. a fax line which is also down)that is working. The lovely repair people told me that they are working on it..... you *$&$%()#$_(#$(*#@$&#*($&#*(&$(#*&$#)%_$&%*()&$%)$% I am freakin pissed. I am stuck here at work. I was unable to make my shift at the hospital where I volunteer and these freakin people are still charging us for the T-1 line!! I remember fondly making one of many phone calls and the person on the other line saying that it was our fault the T-1 line isn't working...that it was our equipment...not realizing of course that they are the people who gave us this #$&*@($ equipment in the first place....or outsourced it or whatever the hell they did. Earlier in the week during our lack of internet service no one that I spoke to could find any record of our phone number or our agreement for the DSL line...turns our they had outsourced it and didn't even know that they had. How many morons does it take to run a company..it appears that "Very Egregiously Revolving Incorporated Zone Of Nonfeasance" has cornered the market on this. One woman acutally said to go out into the hallway and tell the technician that we are on a T-1 line....I remind the readers that we have been on DSL for over a month at this point. I could go on and on and on..but the bottom line is "Very Egregiously Revolving Incorporated Zone Of Nonfeasance" doesn't give a crap about you, your business, your productivity, your sanity....but they do care about getting your money...service be damned. I cannot believe that a company can operate this way and still be in business. If our business was run like this you can bet your ass that we would not be around for very long. I expect stuff like this from the current administration (gotta get my digs in before the new and improved paitriot act is approved) but by god not from this company. Did I forget to mention that each department within this company has no contact with any other department in this company so that when you call one place there is no record of that call if you call another department. So for instance when I call this company to get some credit against our future bill I can guarantee that I will talk to at least 4 people before I get someone on the phone who might sort of know why I am calling. I went through this problem when our T-1 line went down and for losing 3 days of business (potentially thousands of dollars lost, I have not done all the math on this yet and since we don't have phone lines I will have the time to do it) we were credited a whopping $52.14. Thank you so much "Very Egregiously Revolving Incorporated Zone Of Nonfeasance" I appreciate everything you have done to make my life so easy and care-free.

Oh...and the Red Sox are getting their butts kicked!! Arghhh!!! 14-3! against the CUBS jeezum crow....this is just a bad day all around.....

That's all I got in me today folks...tune in next time...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home