Tuesday, June 14, 2005

Day 76

Yes indeed it is day 76 and there are no four legged animals in our aparment yet. It is almost my wife's birthday and naturally she has said that a dog would make a great present, but I will not give in....we just can't afford it right now. We are both in school and not making any money. I just don't think it would be fair to the dog, since:

A: We live in a one bedroom apartment.
B: We can barely feed ourselves and the bird that inhabits a cage that is proportional to the size of our bedroom.
C: We are hardly ever home.
D: My wife has a problem picking up poop that is more substantial than bird poop.
E: Walking the dog in a foot of snow at 12:30 at night with a windchill factor that is -30 does not sound like a good time to me.

And so once again I say that we are not getting a dog.....yet.

Tomo un clase de español este verano. Es muy difícil y hay mucha aprender en uno mes. Mi profesor es muy bien, pero no habla mucha ingles en la clase. Tres y media horas solamente en español. ¡Hay! Es muy interesante y frustrante. ¡Espero que hacer bien!

My pathetic attempt to practice spanish. I will say that this class is pretty intense. Bascially two semesters worth of material in one month. I find myself starting to think a bit more in Spanish as opposed to english which is pretty weird for me. I am anxiously awaiting my first dream in spanish.

I am sick. I have a cold or a sinus infection or something. I am always amazed at how much mucus is created by our bodies. Just tons and tons of it constantly coming out of my nose. It seems like it is never going to stop. I must have released an amount that is equivalent to at least half my body's total weight in the last three days. Just nuts. So my regimen of vitamin C, Echinachea (I never know how to spell this dang word), Airborne, Daytime decongestant, Nighttime decongestant, and antihistamine seems to be working. I am now about to enter the coughing phase which generally means that you are entering the tale end of your illness. Can't wait to be coughing all night.

Recently saw the closing performance of "Billy Crystal 700 Sundays" on Broadway. The guy is a consumate performer and there are rumors that he will be doing a few tour dates of the show. If you have the means I highly suggest seeing the show. It is fantastic. Full of humor and very touching. You will want to call your mom and dad when it is over. His family is just like everyones family, including the wacky uncle, the relatives who live in Boca Raton, and all the rest. One must take into account that his uncle was Milt Gabler (google the name if you are interested in finding out more about the man who recorded songs by some of the greatest jazz musicians in America in the 30's and 40's and beyond) so his life was a bit more extrordinary than most of us. Billie Holiday took Mr. Crystal to see his first movie. Freakin' Crazy. Anyway...you should see the show.

Received my Organic Chemistry textbook in the mail the other day for my upcoming fall semester. Let's jsut say that I am less than thrilled about all that I have heard. I hope I am up for it. Gotta keep the faith, and I will certainly keep you all posted.

So I must say one last time that I finished with a 4.0 last semester and will hopefully hear from a particular school about a particular linkage program that is a pathway to early acceptance into Med School. I am officially keeping my fingers crossed on this one.

QUOTE OF THE DAY:
"Michael is Innocent"
-Some moron in front of the Santa Maria Courthouse
(These are the same people that think Britney Spears is talented)
(The same people that eat McDonald's everyday and wonder why they are overweight)
(The same people that spend $2.99 every week to vote for their favorite "idol")
(The same people that...you get the idea)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home