Wednesday, January 25, 2006

There is nothing worse than the sheer agony of being in love

Strange mood today, perhaps it is the pot of coffee that I drank earlier today. I finished watching the film "Love Actually" this morning and am feeling hopeful for humanity once again. There are many things that are quite brilliant about this film that explores all the different kinds of love that are out there in the world. If you have not seen it than you should because it is very touching, funny, yadda yadda yadda. I particularly enjoy the bits about the young brit chap Colin who embarks on a trip to Milwaukee, Wisconsin to meet and have sex with as many American women that he can find who will all be thoroughly mesmerized by his "cute" British accent. Upon entering a dive bar he immediately meets 3 very pretty women who would in real life probably never be caught dead there. Naturally, comedy ensues as stereotypes abound.

I am a bit addicted to this spider solitaire game that comes standard with the usual free cell, solitaire, pinball combo on pc's. I should be working, but we don't have a whole heck of a lot going on in the office right now so it has become quite a time occupying endeavor.

So the wife has been giving me some heat since I have not had a whole lot to do this past month and she has started school and been in field placement and doing her job for most of this month. Every time she brings something up as to how lucky I am to still have this time, I remind her that this will truly be the semester from hell for me and that the time off that I have now is well deserved. She will be done with school this summer and will be looking for a real job soon. At this point she just wants to be done and I cannot blame her. She works pretty damn hard with all of this stuff. So last night as a surprise to her I lit up all the candles in the apartment and made a nice little dinner (spaghetti with a traditional sauce (from Ragu) with some ground boca burger in it, a cucumber/onion/tomato salad and a side of curried mixed vegetables. A strange combination in words, but everything seemed to come together. We had a nice candle lit dinner with music and chatted with each other. It was brilliant and she was pleasantly surprised. I also set up this little dinner because I knew that since I start school tomorrow neither of us was going to be interested in putting something like this together for a couple of months just from the sheer exhaustion that we will be facing together on a daily basis.

In other news I've begun reading the next chapter for orgo, Conjugated unsaturated systems...a sheer joy. Gotta be prepared.

Please take a moment to remember "Nice Guy Eddie" who passed away suddenly at the age of 40. My sincerest condolences go out to the Penn family.

QUOTE OF THE DAY
Homer: Yeah, Moe, that team sure did suck last night. They just plain sucked! I've seen teams suck before, but they were the suckiest bunch of sucks that ever sucked!
Marge: HOMER!
Homer: I gotta go Moe my damn weiner kids are listening.

1 Comments:

Blogger MBA Jackass said...

This blog kicks ass...

Quote of the Day:

Milhouse: The 'House always wins

1:46 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home