Monday, January 23, 2006

Monday

So I spent the day reading about Newton's laws in one of the many MCAT prep books that have been provided to me by the good people at TPR. I've received all of my grades for the past fall semester except for orgo lecture. I am keeping my fingers crossed that I will still manage (somehow) to make it on to the Dean's List. Provided I get at least a B I will be ok. B+ in physics, A in Orgo Lab, and an A- in Calc 2. Not a terrible place to be in terms of GPA. Hoping that the 3.5 for the semester will come through for me, with my overall GPA just about 3.8 or so. The GPA dip is the hardest thing to watch these days considering I've been heavily perusing the MSAR book and checking the average overall and science GPAs for the schools that I want to apply to. I hope to god that I can keep this up. It is what I want to do, so it really shouldn't be a problem.

I have enjoyed, immensely, my time off over the past month. I really did take it really easy. Played with the PS2, mostly Hockey, in addition to the wife and I burning through our Netflix queue like there was no tomorrow.

So now it is confession time. I like the show "Grey's Anatomy". I can't believe that I do, but I do. For some reason the characters are pretty engrossing and the story lines are reasonable in terms of their believability. Initially I thought the show was going to focus a bit more on the medicine, but it quickly turned into a quirky show about...relationships. Now this should have made me stop watching it, but I'm hooked. I tried watching a bit of ER this past week, and found it to be very disappointing...ingratiating as a matter of fact.....and since I haven't watched it seriously for over a year now...I think I can let it go. The last straw in terms of quality was Anthony Edwards leaving the show. I don't consider myself much of a TV watcher, but I will continue to watch GA on ABC at 10pm...wow what a plug. Lost is the only other show that I watch...we were able to breeze through the first season on DVD and caught up with the season thanks to the great people at itunes and we can now watch the show on regular tv with all the other nut jobs that are obsessed with it. I think we were really spoiled though, because it was difficult to get over the fact that there would now be commercial breaks when we watched.

Other things you may or may not want to know about me since I've come to know and love all you loyal readers (all 3? of you)and hopefully I won't have to fill out one of those emails that we all get for awhile:

I like the movie pretty woman (I..I don't know why)
My favorite color is blue
I don't have a favorite flower
I don't agree with anything that comes out of the mouth of Dick Cheney
I vote regularly
I like books, currently reading Red Storm Rising by Clancy
Currently listening to XM comedy
Last movie watched: Like Water, For Chocolate
I think Ellen Degeneres is kind of funny
Magazines like Intouch weekly, US, and People should be used for kindling
If gay people want to be married they should be married..why is this such an issue?
I think there are too many awards for the denizens of hollywood and yet I can't wait to find out who will win the oscar for best short form documentary.
I don't get star struck anymore (chalk that up to working in the theatre business for over 6 years)
I miss having money and hanging out with people I used to know when I wasn't a student. (wah freakin wah you dolt, you're following a dream). Seriously though I miss these people and you know who you are.
I can be a real arrogant prick sometimes. Maybe some day I'll be an arrogant prick surgeon. Heh heh heh.
I officially have a year and a half left to get my BA in biochemistry.
I enjoy cartoons. I am a 31 child.
I have been married for a little over a year and a half and I love it.


QUOTE OF THE DAY
Peter: Aww things were going so good for me and Stewie, but now he hates me again. Brian what should I do to win him back?
Brian: That depends. Do you want my advice or are you just asking random questions again?
Peter: What's a hypotenuse?

2 Comments:

Blogger MVH said...

I should have clarified that I only enjoy the first hour of the film.....it starts losing it when they go to san francisco and Richard gere takes the day "off" whatever the hell that means...and yes the dialogue is pretty lame....it was a damn confession alright...it is not like I am proud of this!

10:45 AM  
Blogger MBA Jackass said...

At first I was going to castigate you for liking Pretty Woman, but then I realized that I cried during Macauley Culkin's funeral in My Girl.

I think Stewie torturing Brian in Sunday evening's episode was some of the funniest Family Guy material I've seen in weeks.

1:50 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home