Friday, December 02, 2005

So a couple of doctors performed the first face transplant today in France...and the first thing that comes to my mind is that movie...you know which one I mean with the scientologist and the Coppola nephew. well anyway.

So some of you (1 maybe 2 people at most) might be asking what the hell have you been up to Mil...I mean jeez no posts since the beginning of November??? WTF!!!

Well loyal reader, the truth is that I have been so damn busy with school and work that the last thing I want to do is recount all that has happened in the day and boring you to tears with a bunch of useless crap..what I can say is that I had a good thanksgiving (I actually took most of that day off and did not touch a single text book) and studied the rest of the weekend. I've had exams and crap since last I wrote and have been doing alright although this semester has me very worried in terms of grades....might see a dip in my overall GPA....GASP...but yes I still think I can be a doctor....pretty silly eh?

Work is nuts.....it is that time of year where we buy a bunch of classy x-mas cards and cheap gifts to send out to people who don't give a rats ass about us and will probably never use us anyway...but, my boss seems to think it is important.....every time we get a holiday card, and yes we have already received holiday cards, he needs to add that person to the list of recipients of the fabulous x-mas card.....which of course we only have a certain amount of....in other news our touring show is going well and another show skedded for the beginning of the coming year has been indefinitely postponed, the author/director decided that his show was not meant for Broadway...and who can blame him with the outrageous prices that we charge folks like you. (you would have a much better understanding of why we charge what we charge if you took a look at how damn expensive it is to run a show on a weekly basis and not see any money for years if at all.....) and then there are the shows that have (a) big star(s) that becomes so successful on broadway that we start charging a "premium" price for tickets simply out of greed.....greed is so very good. Now the kicker is that we as an office, never get to see any of that money....sad....we have worked on a few very successful shows and we don't see a dime of profit...yes we get a weekly fee and a start up fee, but that is it....makes me a little pissed when I am writing checks for $500K to other people when we are doing all the work for them....could we just get a little slice...a sliver....anything....alas....this why I am leaving this business. Nobody gives a hoot about anybody....when you fail, millions of dollars are lost, when you succeed, you get greedy and think you know how the whole thing works....just like Mr. lane and Mr. Broderick....yes they are making tons of money, yes the odd couple was sold out for it's run, but guess what...the show sucks...it was a bad idea....and no one is untouchable.....

so this is a bit incomprehensible and for that I apologize...in a bit of a rush to get to my volunteer gig so I can atone for my greed....or for the greed of this business.....

Sorry more later...maybe....soon........have a great weekend all !

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home