Wednesday, October 12, 2005

Another day another study session

Well, I had my first organic chemistry exam. I am not sure how I feel about the whole thing. I know that I did screw up at least one question, possibly another but I did certainly pass the exam (I hope)...of course passing is not good enough but there it is. The good news is that the lowest grade exam gets dropped, so if I did worse than I thought than there is still hope for the future. Naturally, this will be the easiest exam that we take so doing well on it is a priority. We shall see what happens. I was the second person to finish and I think that some of my answers may have been a little hasty, but now I know what I can expect on future exams. Next week 3 days, 3 exams: It is going to be a slam bang fun time!

Dead Can Dance was amazing. They really know how to put on a show that is both thrilling and intensely emotional. Lisa and Brendan, thank you so much for what you both do. Heard some songs live that were very unexpected. Mr. Perry was very light-hearted and seemed to be having an absolute blast (He commented prior to one of their songs that "it climbed to the top of the charts in 1461" and after a stirring rendition of "The wind that shakes the barley" by Ms. Gerrard, Mr. Perry came out and commented on how the next song was also very uplifting and went into "How fortunate the man with none". Ms. Gerrard was her usual "ice cold focus in on the music" self and brilliant as usual. My only problem with the show was with some of the audience members who shouted out requests between songs. It was a wee bit rude, aside from the fact that they were playing with a full orchestra (also awesome) and probaby couldn't just jump into a rendition of "The host of Seraphim" or "Cantara"
Kudos to the inlaws for scoring the choice seats and joining the experience with us. They enjoyed the show a great deal and mom-n-law even purchased a CD.
And of course, because my wife and I are old people we went home, watched a little TV and than went to bed. It was good way to spend my 31st.

Perhaps more later......

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home