Friday, October 07, 2005

A couple of things

So I really need to get my eyes checked again. I am walking down 45th street towards times square and there is an add for some show about being a hustler...and underneath the sign it says "who will be the next great hustler"....now I have pretty good vision, but like everyone else there are some things that you see that you can't explain....so when I first looked at the sign it said "who will be the next great hitler". You can bet I did a very quick double take. Eyes are weird.

I haven't decided yet whether or not I am going to take the subway anytime time soon what with all the talk of terrorist threats. What irks me about all of this stuff is that you have a bunch of different government personnel saying two different things. You have one guy from the house homeland security council saying that the credibility of the threat is doubtful, you have the FBI saying that yes the threat is real, but has been somewhat diffused because of covert operations, than you have the army reporting that in Iraq some people were nabbed with subway info, than you have another government official saying that the threat is real and than another government official saying no it isn't and no arrests have been made in New York City, but that there are a bunch of operatives who are in New York who are going to use babystrollers or something. The media reports all of this at once. Bottomline is that no one knows what the hell is going on around here. Ah yes...our government at work. You have paranoia about attacks and you have paranoia that the government doesn't know what they are doing so you start to think that your paranoia about the attacks may not be credible, but than it might be because the government doesn't know what they are doing so you now have paranoia about your paranoia. And then you need to see a therapist because of all your oias. Well anyway.

TOMORROW 10/08/2005: DEAD CAN DANCE: RADIO CITY MUSIC HALL!!!!!!!!!!
can you tell I am excited....I bet you can.

QUOTE OF THE DAY
"Can I have a medium diet coke?"
"Do you want the medium size or the middle size?"
"What's the difference?"
"Well, we have three sizes - medium, large and jumbo."
"What happened to the small?"
"There is no small. Small's medium."
"What's medium?"
"Medium's large and large is jumbo."
"Okay, give me the large."
"That's medium."
"Right. Can I have a small popcorn?"
"There is no small. Child-size is small."
"What's medium?"
"Adult."
"Do adults ever order the child-size?"
"Not usually."
"Okay, give me the adult."
"Do you want butter?"
"Is it real butter?"
"It's butter flavoring."
"What is it made of?"
"It's yellow."
- thanks to www.pkmeco.com/seinfeld/movie.htm for the quote!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home