Thursday, October 06, 2005

It's been awhile...

What can I say here that hasn't already been said somewhere else...

1. Violence continues in Iraq. (no surprises there)
2. The Red Sox have their backs against the wall. (no surprises there either! Did everyone get that Buckner feeling the other night when the ball went through Graffanino's legs...86 all over again.....C'mon boys....
3. So Bush's own attorney is his choice for the supreme court. Wow....I'm actually interested in turning on C-Span to watch the confirmation hearings on this one. Mike DeWine (Republican Senator from Ohio) commented that "She is someone who has gone out late at night to get someone out of jail"....is there something else that Bush has lied about???
4. When you think of the conservative strategist Grover Norquist, do you think of a little blue furry monster at the end of a book?

Well anyway....so another step in the cycle of life is about to occur. I will officially be in my thirties soon. Have to say that I feel old. Went to a show this past weekend and just felt really out of place. Not that I didn't enjoy the music, but I couldn't help but compare the band I was seeing to an amalgam of different bands from the last 20 years or so. I just hope that the other people that were there know their music history and don't think that this sound is anything new. Yes I am a pretentious SOB, and no I don't know everything about music. It was fun however to get out of the house after an afternoon spent studying.

This saturday my favorite band is playing at Radio City Music Hall. Dead Can Dance. I know that I have mentioned them before, but they are just so good I will mention them again and again and again ad nauseam...You can guarantee that I will be talking about the show the next time I write here.

School is going fine! Thanks for asking. The usual bouts of studying madness....trying to keep my head above water this semester and so far have been doing ok. We'll see what happens after my first few rounds of tests. I am not sure I have been this tired ever. Going to bed around 1 and getting up around 6:30-7 has gotten a lot easier since I've started, but I wish that I could sleep in a little on the weekends. I find myself still getting up early even when I don't have to.

I need a haircut. It is starting to get really out of control here.

I would also like to have a beer or two in a bar with my wife and some friends and just let off a little steam, but my drinking any sort of alcoholic beverage has been relegated to the very occasional glass of wine with dinner.

I don't eat enough during the day...lately I have been packing a lunch for myself and sometimes I just forget to eat it. Since I've just written about it, I think I'll start eating my lunch now..mmmmm peanut butter.

I don't know what the right level of coffee consumption is correct for me or my body weight. It seems to vary from day to day. I can sometimes have a single cup of coffee and either be completely wired or it could have no effect. With multiple cups of coffee I either get so wired that I can't keep anything straight, or I am ready to go to bed. So between one and five cups of coffee I am a blithering idiot or asleep at my desk. Can you tell that I have had some coffee today, I bet you can. Caffeine is such a strange mistress.

Speaking of desks I have slammed my shoulder into the partioning doors that swing up on our desk at home. Not a fun thing to do and I did it twice (for good measure) last night. The funny part is that I was thinking about the possibility of it happening the day before yesterday. The power of thinking really comes through whether you want it to or not.

Current Netflix selections we have at home because I like to share:
X-Files- Season Three Disc 6
Six Feet Under- Season 4 Disc 4
Sex and Lucia (A tasteful film from Spain...no really!)

QUOTE OF THE DAY
"Why do they call it a wedgie?"
"Because the underwear is pulled up from the back until... it wedges in."
"They also have an Atomic Wedgie. Now the goal there is to actually get the waistband on top of the head. It's very rare."
"Boys are sick."
"What do girls do?"
"We just tease someone until they develop an eating disorder."
- Jerry, George and Elaine

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home