Friday, October 21, 2005

I forget sometimes that I have a blog....

I have no idea what is happening in the world today. Just a strange thing. I miss reading the NY times on Sundays and making an attempt to catch up on world events. My life has been so hectic that I even forget that I have this here blog for all the world to see should they so desire.

Woke up this morning, showered and went off to class. The elevator in my building smelled vaguely of excrement and upon looking down at the floor it appeared that some four legged animal had done his "business" on the floor of the elevator and it's owner did not do the best of jobs cleaning up the mess. Naturally, being very embarrassed that he/she had an animal with a bowel problem in the elevator, said person did not mention anything to the front desk people so that, in effect, all other elevator riders would be subjected to the less than pleasant odor. What the hell is wrong with people? Your dog takes a crap in an elevator and you don't clean it all up? Jeebus Christmas...you people have some freakin nerve.

Anyway, I've finished a week of school wherein three exams were taken and I did well on 1 out of the 3. I don't want to say that I bombed the other two, but if I didn't say that I would be lying. Test anxiety is a big problem for me. Even though I study constantly, when it comes to test time, my brain will shut off and I won't be able to figure something out (despite doing nothing but working on the very problems that appeared on the exam in preparation for such.) The good thing is that I have been in this situation before and everything has ended up turning out fine (here's to hoping that this trend continues!) One of those looking at the bigger picture kind of things and in effect not sweating the small stuff. There would be a problem if all of the small stuff managed to pile up and I screw myself...but again hopefully this will not happen.

In celebration of my bombing two exams, doing well on one, and not having a whole lot to do in class on friday, I took a break from my studies, had a beer, and watched an episode of the x-files, and watched "The Butterfly Effect" (I know that I've said in the past that I would not watch in Askton Kootchie movie, but for some reason it intrigued me and to be perfectly frank...I can't believe that I am going to say this, but it was not as bad as I thought it was going to be (keeping in mind that it was very predictable and had a number of "holes" which the writers made a valiant to address because they knew that some people would say "but how could that be if yadda yadda happened" and such.) Well anyway....it was "ok." The extra special plus side is that I got to spend some quality time with the wife and that is always nice.

Got my organic chem exam # 1 results back and the professor seemed to be realtively pleased. The class average was a 74 out of 100, and I pulled an 89 which according to my professor is in the A-A-minus range. Strange that so far I am doing well in both the orgo lab and lecture while I am not doing so well in my other classes. Isn't supposed to be the other way around (not that I am complaining, but this is against the grain?) Let's hope that I am able to keep it up even though I am now behind in my reading for orgo because I was preparing for the three exams this week, but hey that is what weekends are for right? Right!

Well I suppose I should get back to work now and stop wasting everybody's time. I look foward to seeing you all soon.

Current Netflix:
"La Strada" (ah yes...in a word...."Fellini")

QUOTE OF THE DAY
"It could be worse...you could be a toilet and that would just suck"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home