Monday, June 27, 2005

The various intricate measures that one takes to avoid studying and working at any given moment of time in the span of a 12 hour day

Oh yes, there is nothing that I like to do more than to shirk my worka nd school and jsut go off on random tangents about hell and back and not giving a crap about anything that is going to happen as a consequence of a particular action of sloth or of merriment or both. SOmetimes the best thing for me to do is to just start writing whatever comes into my head. I am very nervous right now and it is beacuse of a number of things. When I get this nervous about things I get a sensation in my toes like someone is scraping them against a chalkboard. Sometimes the feeling is so bad that I cannot sleep. This happens every once in awhile to me and I cannot figure out why. Perhaps it is because I tend to drink to much coffee sometimes or perhaps it is beacuse I am immensely afraid of failure. It may also have a lot to do with the fact that I have a great deal of guilt and pain in my heart from things that I have done in the past. Perhaps it is an unresovled issue that I have with my family. Maybe it is because I never really knew my father. Maybe it is beacuse I have things better now than a lot of people will ever have in their life. I am a very lucky person to have become the man that I am and for the most part I have me to thank for this. Selfish? You bet! But I cannot say that I was always able to do this on my own. Now, for instance, I have the love and support of an incredible woman who changed my life in so many ways (for the better I might add!) and I could not possibly think of going on with my life without her in it. I have the love and support of friends, most of whom I have met in the last five years thanks to the incredible woman mentioned above.

So I was in Brooklyn last night and my wife and I were walking to the train. I happened to be wearing my Boston Red Sox cap and naturally, because of this, I leave myself open to a barrage of comments from whomever walks by. I got the usual "Boston Sucks" comment. Is this supposed to upset me or somthing? I mean the boys from beantown are 9-1 in their last 10, have won 7 straight and are currently in first place with a 2½ game lead in the American League East. Uh yeah..they suck alright. Meanwhile the "evil empire" are one game above .500. There are also the comments about winning only 1 championship in 86 years. Blah, blah, blah, this does not change the fact that they won right? And a team that has increased their payroll exponentially in the last 5 years (mostly for a bunch of sorry ass pitchers who end up doing better as soon as they are traded away the following season) has been unable to get it done since 2000. Does it strike anyone as a little odd that Fenway will be sold out on a regular basis irregardless of how the team is doing and when the "evil empire" is doing poorly you can always get tickets for games....except when they are playing the Red Sox....weird eh? It is a grand thing to hear fans at Yankee stadium cheering for the Red Sox. Yeah I don't really know where I am going with this but it leads me to another story about a friend of the family who took my wife and i out ofr dinner once. This guy is pretty big and he has a heart of gold, but he is no fan of the yankees. Towards the end of our dinner, about six teenagers came into the restaurant and they were all wearing Yankees jerseys (one of them had a Soriano jersey on which is sad because the yankees got rid of him and he has turned into one of the best things to happen to the Texas Rangers, I would take him over Womack or Sheff any day of the week, but I am a foward thinker not a right now thinker and I am also the type of person who will never ever get a jersey with the name and number of one of my favorite players because you never know what is going to happen in the near future) Anyway, our friend caught sight of these guys and in a loud booming voice yelled out "Yeah, YANKEES SUCK". This, mind you, was said in a busy restaurant in New York City and I gotta say this took a lot of balls. I'm laughing out loud to myself about the whole incident and the kids, I think, were so shocked that they did not know what to say.

Well I gues I should get back to work...I leave you all with warm fuzzy feelings on this hot humid rainy day in NYC.

QUOTE OF THE DAY
Marge: Homer, is this how you pictured married life?
Homer: Yeah, pretty much, except we drove around in a van solving mysteries.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home