Tuesday, June 21, 2005

Day 83

So Matsui is the only Yankee that seems to be showing up for work these days and that is fine with me. One person does not a team make...unless you are Robert Horry.

So here I am once again at work. My boss is driving me frickin crazy...he is very manic and has enormous ups and downs and is not someone who can just sit back and relax. If there is nothing going on with the business he will find something for you to do no matter what it is. Even if it is standing over him while he tries to do something on the computer. He is also the type of person who will not let you try anything on his computer while you are watching him try to do something on the computer. It is maddening to stand there over him and you are trying to pay attention to what he is doing while he is talking to you and you can see exactly what it is that he needs to do and yet there is no way to explain that to him. He thinks that looking at the "Properties" option is the solution to EVERYTHING!...and I mean EVERYTHING! He also has no patience for things to load and will click on an icon over and over again all the while saying "why isn't it opening" and you can see the little hourglass working, hell you can even hear the computer working but he has pushed the icon and the computer over the edge and it freezes and then he wonders why the file didn't open in the first place. "Maybe if I look at "Properties" that will tell me why it won't open." So then he looks at "Properties" and there is nothing there that is going to help us except to tell us where the file is located on the C:/ drive and what kind of file it is and what kind of security options we have on the file. It's like watching me adjust the dials on a car stereo (obscure simpsons reference # 1) Absolutely killer on the nerves.

I've decided I need a new wardrobe....I definitely need to rethink my style a little bit. The jeans, T-shirt, docs thing isn't really going to get me through the rest of my schooling. Done the goth thing, the punk thing, the business casual thing. Maybe I need to kick it up to wall street executive style. Perhaps a new suit will help brighten my day. Who knows. Not that I have any money to buy a suit, but someday I will. Maybe when I am fifty. I figure that once I am Fifty I might acutally be making some money by then and at that point I might be able to squeeze in a suit for myself before I have to send my kids to college. Here's to hoping.

I'm really glad that our apartment is not above or below a couple of bowling alleys (obscure simpsons reference # 2). Can you imagine. I'd have to kill somebody. I lived in an apartment in Brooklyn for three years. It was a 3 story walk-up (we were on the third floor) that was right next to the elevated subway (what used to be the B line, but I believe is now the D line). So naturally about every 15-20 minutes or so a train would come roaring by. If the windows were open it felt and heard like a runway at La Guardia (the windows closed weren't much better). The people that lived below us, I believe that there were two families (about a dozen people or so I think, and I am not kidding), had a couple of car woofers/amps (the kind that are in cars that are so loud that you think the world is coming to an end when someone comes driving around the corner) that they used as home stereo speakers and just about every saturday night from 11:00pm at night on a saturday to about 10:00am on Sunday (I am not joking) we would be blessed with th worst kind of music. I have nothing against any kind of music, but my god could you change the beat for just one song. 11 hours of the same music with the same beat can really drive a person to drink.

Once when I was coming home from work I was walking into the building and up on the second floor cove there was a freakin rooster or chicken or something just hanging out there. Perhaps one of the strangest things that I have ever seen. The rooster was pretty much just hanging out in the cove for about two weeks, crapping on the floor and what not. Pretty nice eh? One saturday, I left for work in the morning and when I came back that evening the "animal" was gone and the music was playing. I can only imagine what happened to it.

Thought I would throw everyone a curve ball and do an exchange of the day instead of a single quote:

EXCHANGE OF THE DAY
Homer: Are you saying you're never going to eat any animal again? What about bacon?
Lisa: No.
Homer: Ham?
Lisa: No.
Homer: Pork chops?
Lisa: Dad, those all come from the same animal.
Homer: Heh heh heh. Ooh, yeah, right, Lisa. A wonderful, magical animal.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home