Thursday, June 23, 2005

Day 85

So I was thinking to day about the movie "Gung-Ho". It is a terrible film with Michael Keaton, John Turturro, George Wendt, Gedde Watanabe (who was on ER from time to time an dof course who could forget Long Duck Dong). A car factory is bought by a Japanese car maker who says that they are going to close the plant unless they can make a million cars in a month or something like that. There is one point in the film that makes me think about americans and I know that this is sad that I can remember this part of the film, which came out almost 20 years ago. So Micheal Keaton's character is saying that the workers will receive an extra bonus if they can make a million cars, and they ask him if they will still get their regular bonuses even if they don't manage to make a million cars. Now the reason that this sticks in my head is because I think that a lot of Americans are lazy and want to be paid the most for doing the least amount of work possible. Now I know that there are always exceptions to this rule, but on the whole we are a lazy lazy bunch. Not too many Americans have much of a work ethic and this is kind of sad. Hell, I don't know what I am trying to say anymore. It's a crappy crappy film. But it must have done pretty well because they had a tv show based on the film and called the same thing with Scott Bakula in the role that Keaton plays in the film. Whew...hope somebody got fired for that one.

No dog yet.....

Spanish is going "o.k."

QUOTE OF THE DAY

I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman
-Homer Simpson

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home