Tuesday, June 28, 2005

Sitting here eating some Cool Ranch Doritos and enjoying watching the temperature of the air rise from my comfortably air conditioned office

I swear that I can see people sweating from way up here on my floor. Yep...it is another hot day out there, but you know what they say: "It ain't the heat, it's the humidity that gets yer" yuck yuck yuck chuckle guffaw. And so here we are in the world today with a leader who will be telling the American people that everything is A-O-K in Iraq and things are looking up.

Question for everyone out there. I understand sending someone to prison for a life term etc, but why would you send someone to prison who will serve 6 consecutive life sentences. How exactly does that work? So a guy is 85 years old and he is now in the prison hospital because his health is failing. He goes into cardiac arrest and dies does this mean that they will bring him back to make sure that he serves out his sentence. And if they had to resuscitate him 6 times say in a week would that count as 6 life terms? If all of this happened would they have to let him go? Ok, retarded question but just something that passed through my mind as we send Edgar Ray Killen (It is hard to believe that with a last name like that it took the courts this long to say that he did it..sheesh) to jail for 60 years. The guy is 80 years old and apparently his health has been declining rapidly over the last couple of years. The NYT reported "he may have seen his last of freedom" He "may have"????? I don't think he "may have" much of anything. I understand that the sentencing was based on the crime 20 years for each life that he took and all of that, but why couldn't the judge just say something like...you will be confined to a wheelchair (which he already apparently is) and watched by one armed guard for the rest of your life in a prison hospital ward which is where he is going to end up any day now. Does this man present much of a threat to anyone? Is his time in prison going to teach him a lesson? Is he going to be alive much longer? It just seems a little silly to me and no I am not saying that we should just let him go and forget about it. Listen, I am all for jail time, capital punishment, etc for when you break the law or commit really horrific acts of violence (especially for world leaders, corporate CEO's etc but I am not going to name any names here). The bottom line is that there is no way in hell this guy is going to finish serving out his sentence. My guess is that he'll be dead in the next 5 years and if he did do these things and all signs point to "yes" than good riddance. I'm just glad that maybe the victims' families can have some closure. And what is going to happen in the next year with Mr. P.Y.T. or M.T.A. or B.L.T. or whatever the hell he called himself. If I were the judge I would sentence him to 46,002 consecutive life sentences in the Phantom Zone (I mean being trapped in a small piece of glass for that long must be torture right?). I must also point out that the guy was a boy scout leader and a church president. And for those of you who are going to ask...yes he was president of the "Church of Satan". He apparently spearheaded the "highway to hell" school initiative and successfully lobbied to have Judas Priest get back together and begin their new world tour in Wichita.

You ever have a boss who has an office, has expensive taste and underpays you while he spends well over $3000 a month just on going out to "business meetings" (read: take my friends out to dinner so maybe they will give me business, but they never do, but I still have to act like it doesn't hurt me so I'll also pay for a driver and a car that I don't need because I live less than 10 blocks away from my office, because after all it is all about appearances.) Motherf**ker. He came into my office today and told me that I and another person (the only other person in the office) had to start cleaning out all the files that we have and throwing away what we can, after all he has to have some sort of reason for keeping us around. Some sort of reason for keeping us around. Who the hell says that to an employee? So everything that I do means absolutely nothing to him, I am only good for cleaning up the office files. This guy really knows how to make someone feel good about what they are doing and how they are doing. I've been here for nearly six years now and I have seen his core staff leave him because he treats everyone who works for him like this and eventually people just cannot take it anymore yet I stuck around. Many people have come and gone since I have been here and this is what you have to tell me while you jet off to the hamptons every thursday afternoon for your long weekend. Well I'll tell you what, you can come into the office after spending all morning in school and you can write all the checks for all of the credit card bills, phone bills, computer bills, xerox bills, rent bills and all the other bills that come in. You can worry about where the hell the money is going to come in for all of your expensive habits (at least they aren't illegal habits, then I'd be really pissed off). You can write $1000 checks to your frickin driver who sits around all day and does a couple of errands for us on a weekly basis. You can sit on the phone and argue with the 50 employees from the phone company who don't give a crap about you or your company. You can walk your own f**king dogs. You can clean up this f**cking office yourself you *&($Y$(#&)$&*)@$#)*$&*%#(*&%*(#%*(#%. You can sift through all of the bills and re-invoice all the other companies that use us. You wanted someone to come in for you part time because you were tired of paying someone who sat around all week. Someone who could come in and balance the books, pay the bills, do the outgoing invoices I stepped up and told you the time that I could be here and you said perfect, and I even accepted the money that you offered. And not that you would notice or anything but more often than not I am here longer than the agreed upon time that I would be here. I have no regrets about my job or the thigns that I have done and the people I have met I just wish that my boss had a little more tact when it comes to speaking to his employees.

Whew...feel better now.

QUOTE OF THE DAY
Luke, be a Jedi tonight! Just be a Jedi tonight!
Do it for Yoda, while we serve our guests a soda.
Uh, and do it for Chewie and the Ewoks, and all the other puppets ...
Luke, be a Jedi tonight!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home