Friday, April 28, 2006

The post-MCAT blues

Alas, it has been a few days since the dreaded MCAT. I have to say that I was initially very relieved and have since moved on to being completely mortified by my performance on the exam. I can only hope that I did not do as poorly as I so firmly believe. Worst case scenario is that I have to take it again in August. The exam was pretty damn difficult. I think that I got one of the harder versions. Physical sciences and verbal were not too terrible, but the biological sciences section was just brutal. By brutal, I mean that I stared at the free standing questions with a look of horror and thinking to myself "aren't these supposed to be the easy points questions?????" There were some things on there that really threw me for a loop. On the whole I would recommend to anyone planning on taking the exam to enroll in a prep course. I would have been totally screwed without it, but than again, I am not the smartest cookie around. I don't think, however, that I was adequately prepared for all of the biology that was thrown my way that horrible torrential downpour of a day. The orgo stuff was not bad, but the bio really kicked my ass....have I said that enough yet.

Now comes the waiting and the fretting until the first week of June, when I can apparently access my scores. I don't think anyone will want to be around me on that day.....

Even worse is that I still have another month left of school.....I have a round of exams and then finals to contend with. I was pretty out of it on sunday and monday of this week, but I have finally come around to focusing in on what remains of this semester and so I am off to study...

cheers all.


QUOTE OF THE DAY
"When you talk to God they call it praying, but when God talks to you they call it schizophrenia"
-Fox Mulder

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home