Tuesday, April 04, 2006

I'm gonna sing the doom song now...

For those of you who haven't heard from me in awhile, well, I am alive and perhaps well. I am very much looking forward to ending this sad sad semester of school. The motivational ringing in my ears has diminished a bit. I may or may not be taking the MCAT in April. It has been suggested to me to see what happens in the next couple of practice exams and what happens that week. If I can manage to feel comfortable with the whole thing than maybe I will get it out of the way. My pre-med advisor has said that she is a bit concerned with the whole thing and who can blame her....I need a kick ass score to get my foot in the damn med school door. I have improved over the past several months in terms of scoring, but it does not appear to be where I need to be with 18 days to go. Worse case scenario is that I wait until August and use the summer to hone my skills on this oh so dreadful piece of standardized testing. My score has gone up a mere 6 points overall putting me right square in the middle of the road with the national average....and that is exactly what it is....average....I need at least another 6 points to even be considered a decent applicant....and so the summer maybe just what I need to achieve this goal. In other school news, my classes suck ass this semester. I just don't feel the drive much right now. They are hard, and although I feel like I am studying my ass off I am not performing so well on exams. I think my GPA may take antoher dip this time around. I thought this semester was going to be easier on me....I have a better schedule in terms of time, I have one "light" class along with orgo 2, physics 2, and the associated labs, but I just don't know if I can do it this semester....last semester sucked ass too and maybe I am still feeling the effects of that.

Onward soldier say I. I am not giving up on the goal. I have worked far to hard to come this far just to simply quit this thing. I am going to get into med school somewhere and I will not give up until I do...OK if I don't get in in the next five years than maybe it was not meant to be. This move and this dream just feel right...it just feels like this is what I should be doing with my life.

I'll be applying to about 20 or so schools including all of the ones in New York State, and others from around the country.

I have my committee member interview for my pre-professional office recommendation this thursday and I must say I am a little excited about it. At least I know I am getting one piece of the puzzle right....well....we'll see what the guy thinks of me. He's a psych professor who got his PhD at MIT....so I'm wondering what kind of curves he is going to throw at me. Supposedly all of the committee people are treating these interviews as mock interviews for med school....a good idea...just to give us an idea of what these things can be like. For all the crap that my school gets I can say that the pre-professional office and the people that work there really do show how much they want all of us to succeed. I know that when we get in to med school it makes them look good too, but it is nice to know that they are their helping us....and giving us straight answers...(i.e., if you don't get such and such a score mil, you are not going to have a chance in hell of getting in anywhere....etc.)

I should be studying for a physics exam, but studying at work does not ever work out in any sort of fashion whatsoever. There is always something to do here....like updating a blog for instance....that and the damn spider solitaire...oh yeah, and my boss bothering me every other minute to remember to pay some sort of bill or other....today it was.....hey, can you go through all the cabinets and throw out all the old stationary from old shows we won't need that many scrap envelopes etc...whereas several months ago, it was don't throw so much of that stuff away because we can always use it for scrap paper....yes...this is my life.

LOST was freekin' awesome last week....can't wait to see what happens now. damn you tv damn you to hell.......

have a good one all.

QUOTE OF THE DAY
"How is education supposed to make me feel smarter? Besides, every time I learn something new, it pushes some old stuff out of my brain. Remember when I took that home winemaking course, and I forgot how to drive?"
-The incomparable Homer Simpson












doom doom doom....doom doom doom doom doom doom......doom doom doom doom doom doom....doo doo doo doo doom...doody doody doo doo doom.....doo doo doo doom.

1 Comments:

Blogger moosk said...

doom doom DOOOOOM!
ok. the end.

12:44 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home