Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Well well well, It has been a week or so since we last spoke. We've returned from a trip out west, visiting those in the VH clan and a dear old friend. All is well from what I could gather with grandma VH healing nicely and now in the 21st century with an LCD flat screen TV and HD cable as opposed to the old cabinet television that is older than me. She was very happy to see us and felt that we had helped her heal even more. The folks were busy getting prepared for a family trip to Italy...sans yours truly (not terribly surprised)....I trust that they are having fun although they did not bother to give me the phone numbers for the international cell phones that they had ordered....I suppose I have been relegated to feel like that weired uncle who nobody really keeps in touch with, but is treated well when he goes for a visit. I cannot figure it out. The wife was somewhat incredulous that they would be going on a family trip and not invite their son....but I think she ultimately is not surprised either by the turn of events.

Meanwhile...visiting my good friend RJ down in LA who was busy on a video shoot for a band called As I Lay Dying, I was asked right around 11:00pm or so if I wouldn't mind giving a hand with helping put a set together. Frankly, I wasn't really asked but rather told "hey mil, come here" I back to my folks house around 3am later that morning covered in grime and grease and look forward to seeing the video wherein I will proclaim loudly..."I helped hang that broken television....I hung those wires....I was a stand in for the band" (I am laughing out loud while I right this by the way...or rather rotflmao btw in the "with-it" lingo that these young whipper snappers are oft found to utter these days.) Anyway...it was really, really good to see him and meet his gf S.

Have I ever told anyone how much I love the movie The Natural. Managed to catch it the other night on AMC and taped the last hour or so. One of the best sports movies ever chock full of stars, Robert Redford (he sure looked old 23 years ago), Robert Duvall, Richard Farnsworth, Michael Madsen, and of course who could forget the oatmeal eating, home delivery pharmacy getting diabetic Wilford "my mom wanted me to be a farmer" Brimley. I have to tell you when Hobbs breaks the clock at Wrigley with a home run and the last 15 minutes of the film are enough to elicit some precipitation from the ducts in my occular cavities.

I am less than a hundred pages from finishing that damn book that you see everyone reading on the train, and in the park, and on planes, and at the movies. I would say that I just love to read but in reality I am a pop culture whore and god forbid anyone should ruin it for me. Went and saw the movie this morning as well.

All things seem to be working well on the MD front. Just waiting for my deposit to have been received and some blood test results for Hep B surface antigen...go WBCs go and all things should be about squared away...except of course how I am going to pay for it all.

Went to the kwik-e-mart and picked up a couple of cans of buzz cola, the wife had blue vanilla squishy that tasted like....well....tasted not good. I was disappointed that there as no duff beer to be had....alas.

Had dinner with JC and the wife last night to celebrate JC's recent engagement. Followed by a drink at the place that used to be Boxers on West 4th street...can't think of the damn name now...begins with a C. R, JC's future husband, joined us on the way there. I must say I don't like regular vodka martinis and it was a mistake for me to order one. I did not get drunk off of it or anything, it just tasted like crap to me and my body did not want any of it in me....It took me at least an hour to finish it. My hats off to the music at this place though which turned out to be coming from one of those TW cable music channels, most likely the alternative hits of the 80's or something.....songs from Peter Gabriel, The Sisters of Mercy, Missing Persons, Kajagoogoo, b-52's, violent femmes. It was for lack of a better term brilliant. The most shocking moment of the evening came when lo and behold a circle jerks song came on. "This is the greatest bar ever" I thought to myself aloud as my wife rolled her eyes.

QUOTE OF THE DAY
"<sobbing> GREYSTACHE!....<sobbing>...GREYSTACHE!"


I crack myself up...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home