Thursday, February 08, 2007

Pre-Med Advisor

So I go to see my pre-med advisor to ask her to inquire about my status at a couple of schools that I have not heard anything from, and she in more or less words has told me that I don't have a chance of getting into any schools and that I should settle for the school that I got into.

Now I must tell you that if I don't get in anywhere else I will be perfectly happy going where I did get in, although I am not looking forward to having to explain what the hell a DO is. It's medical school people alright, enough said. MD=DO, the pay is the same, the residences are the same, the training is the same...yadda yadda yadda. But for her to tell me that when I in fact have an interview coming up next week at an allopathic school and presumably one more in the near future to me sucks ass. I appreciate her blunt honesty in all of this, but isn't she supposed to be encouraging me as well? I have worked too damn hard to just give up on this stuff and I still have a number of schools to hear from. What the hell is this lady's problem. I get the feeling that if she does call a school on my behalf that she won't go to bat for me, that she will tell them that I got in to a DO school, or that she does not think that I am qualified or something. It.....I.....what the hell......If I do get in to an MD program you can bet your ass that it will be no thanks to her and I have it in my mind to walk into her office, once all this is over and tell her to go **** herself and that she is wrong and that while you need to be honest in these kind of situations there is always still a chance that something can happen.....and I will be the proof of that. How can she sit there and crush somebody like that.....


Ok I feel better.......damn b*tch...HA HA HA............

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home